Contact the Information Officer
- If you have any requests or complaints relating to the information we process about you and your access to that information, you may contact our Information Officer at [email protected], subject to the conditions listed in our Data Access & Protection Manual
- Some (anonymous) information about your website usage may be collected automatically by accessing and using this website, and other (personal) information may be processed by us after you have voluntarily consented to share it with us.
- We are bound by conditions for the lawful processing of (personal) information as set out by the Protection of Personal Information Act, 4 of 2013 (“POPIA”), and by conditions for accessing this information as set out in the Promotion of Access to Information Act, 2 of 2000 (“PAIA”).
- Personal information is information by which you or a company may be identified.
- Information we collect with your consent – We may collect some information about how you interact with our website by means of cookies, to which you may consent or object in the [cookie_settings]. This information is shared with Google, and may include the (anonymised) IP address your device uses to connect to the Internet, device and browser type and version, time zone setting, operating system, page interaction and navigation.
- Information you share voluntarily – If you voluntarily share personal information with us, you consent to our collection and usage of that information for the purpose we or you indicated at the time of the collection or the sharing, under conditions set out in this Privacy Statement.
- If we want to use your personal information for any other purpose, or share it with third parties in- or outside of South Africa, we will ask you before we do, and you may refuse.
- You warrant that all personal information provided by you is accurate, complete and not misleading.
Personal information received from third parties
- Before you share personal information about other people with us, read this
- Before we agree to receive personal information from third parties, we require evidence of their compliance with the notification obligations in terms of Article 13 of the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (“GDPR”) and Section 12(b) of POPIA (for EU citizens) and in terms of Section 18 of POPIA (for all other citizens).
Privacy The content of correspondence, including but not limited to email, fax, and text messages we send to you personally, is never intended for public access – it is intended for the addressee only, and may include protected personal information about us, you, other people or juristic persons. If you are not the intended recipient of such correspondence, do not forward, disseminate or publish its content – doing so may be a violation of data protection regulation. Please notify us and destroy the content. We apologise for any inconvenience, and guarantee to rectify the mistake with immediate effect.
Security You accept that no correspondence can be guaranteed to be 100% secure or error free. We do not accept liability for any errors in its content, or for harm resulting from the unauthorised interception, access, use, publication, dissemination or destruction of its content.